Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Creator WKU Archives
Title UA1C WKU Archives Photograph Collection Series 2. Buildings Subseries 3. Agricultural Exposition Center
Collection WKU Archives
Object Name Print, Photographic
Year Range From 1979.0
Description Images of the Agricultural Exposition Center.
Admin / Biog History L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
Built - 1977-1979
Dedicated - October 29, 1988
Cost of Construction - $2,722,800
Gross Square Feet - 68,000
Architects - Ryan, Cook & Zuern, Louisville, KY
Namesake: Leonard D. Brown came to work in the WKU Agriculture Department in 1966. He served as department head for thirteen of his sixteen year tenure. Brown received his BS from WKU in 1954.

History - Construction on the Agricultural Expo Center began in May 1977. The center was completed in late 1979 with the university taking possession Jan. 3, 1980. The building includes a show arena with seating capacity of 2000, a demonstration arena which accomodates 300, an animal holding area that has washing areas, locker room, two conference rooms and office space. The first event, the National Hampshire Meat Hog Conference, was held in the facility on Jan. 7, 1980. The building was officially dedicated and named for Leonard Brown on Oct. 29, 1988.
System of Arrangement Images are arranged alphabetically and numerically.
Subjects Western Kentucky University
Search Terms Agricultural Exposition Center (WKU)
Finding Aids TopScholar - http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/dlsc_ua_fin_aid/26/
Related Materials Images with UA1C2.3 prefix
UA1C2.97 - Agricultural Pavilion
Catalog Number UA1C2.3
Copyrights Check individual images for copyright restrictions.
Dates of Creation 1979
Caption WKU Archives Logo
Credit line WKU Archives
Extent 2 folders, oversize folder, 3 negatives
Number of Images 1.0
Access Conditions no restrictions
Parent ID UA1C2
Level of Description Subseries
Disciplines Photography
Containers Agricultural Exposition Center
Agricultural Exposition Center
Agricultural Exposition Center