|Creator||Graduate Council (WKU)|
|Title||UA58. Graduate Studies & Research Series. 2. Graduate Council 2. Graduate Lists|
|Year Range From||1975|
|Description||Lists of graduate students created by the Graduate Council.|
|Admin / Biog History||
Created in 1967, the Graduate Council originally reported through the Academic Council, to the University administration and the Board of Regents until about 1988 when it then began to report through the University Senate to the Provost's Office / Vice President for Academic Affairs. Its goals were to:
1. Establish policy for graduate student admission and continuance, for graduate academic standards, and for granting of graduate assistantships.
2. Maintain continuing flow of information and recommendations between the Graduate Council and the administrator of Graduate Studies, and faculties, and the central administration.
3. Maintain a continuing review and evaluation of graduate programs and standards, the administration of graduate programs, and the substantive effectiveness of the Graduate Council.
4. Approve Western or adjunct faculty members for membership on the Graduate Faculty.
5. Recommend initiation or changes of graduate courses and programs subject to requisite approval by the Academic Council, central administration, or Board of Regents.
6. Approve degree candidates for graduation.
The Graduate Council has general supervision and control over all matters of graduate instruction, including admission and degree requirements, curricula, Graduate Faculty membership, and general academic regulations. [http://www.wku.edu/graduate/index]
|Subjects||Western Kentucky University|
Graduate School (WKU)
Graduate Studies & Research (WKU)
|Dates of Creation||1975-present|
|Caption||WKU Archives Documents|
|Number of Images||1|
|Access Conditions||no restrictions|
|Level of Description||Subseries|
List of Theses